FACTS ABOUT GIRAFFES:
- They have an 18 inch black tongue.
- Giraffes sleep for approximately 20 minutes per day.
- They consume about 75 pounds of food and 10 gallons of water every day, spending 16-20 hours of the day feeding.
- Giraffes can hiss, moo, whistle, and roar.
- Their tail is 8 feet long, the longest of any land mammal.
- Giraffes are strong enough to kill a lion.
- They can gallop 31-37 miles per hour.
- A newborn baby giraffe begins walking within the first hour of it’s birth. It also drops about 6 feet before hitting the ground when it is born.
- The heart of a giraffe is 2 feet long and weighs 25 pounds. Their blood pressure is twice that of a human.
- So basically, giraffes are the fucking most awesome animal known to man. That’s all.
YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT!
Submitted by andthesunshineband
Click to follow this blog, you will be so glad you did!